Our mission is to provide funding for families in Barton County, Kansas, with children who are living with cancer, create public awareness of childhood cancer and offer hope to families who are affected by childhood cancer.
GIVE WHERE YOU LIVE on GIVING TUESDAY! and you could win a one night stay in the family suite at Great Wolf Lodge in Kansas City
• Golden Belt Community Foundation’s Match Day
– Giving Tuesday, December 2nd, 2014!
o Here’s how it works: Bring your donation to Golden Belt Community Foundation at 1307 Williams between 7 am and 6 pm (OR INSERT A LOCATION IN YOUR COUNTY). A list of participating nonprofit endowment funds will be available for you to select from and support. You must give in… person with cash or check.
o The $30,000 match pool will be awarded in proportion to the total amount raised for each fund on Match Day. Minimum donation of $25 and the maximum qualifying for a match is $1,000 per donor per fund.
o Prize grants will be awarded to the organizational funds raising the most dollars and having the most individual donors.
Give Where YOU Live!
• Help to build our endowment fund by donating to our fund on the first ever Golden Belt Community Foundation Giving Day, on Giving Tuesday, December 2nd, 2014. Gifts given to our endowment fund—in-person, at one of four locations, may qualify for a proportional match.
Be part of a very important one-day event and Give Where You Live!
• Golden Belt Community Foundation’s Giving Day is on Giving Tuesday – December 2nd, 2014! Stop by their offices to support our cause!
• You can help us grow our endowment so that we can continue to (INSERT SERVICE) well into the future. Your support on Golden Belt Community Foundation’s Giving Day – December 2nd will allow us to continue to serve the community for good, forever!
• Give Where YOU Live! Support us on December 2nd, by stopping by Golden Belt Community Foundation (or insert another Match Day location in Pawnee, Rush, or Stafford county) with your gift to grow our endowment fund. Give Back!
• We give thanks, we shop, we give back! On Tuesday, December 2nd, 2014 Golden Belt Community Foundation will host their first ever Giving Day for qualified non-profits (like us!) to build endowment funds so we can continue our efforts to make the Golden Belt a better place to live and work! Stop by the foundation and support (INSERT NAME) by giving back!
• We get to eat turkey, we get to watch football, we get to shop….now it’s time start giving back! Golden Belt Community Foundation’s 1st ever Giving Day is Giving Tuesday, December 2nd, 2014.
• Get. Get. Get. GIVE! Golden Belt Community Foundation’s 1st ever Giving Day is Giving Tuesday, December 2nd, 2014. Support (INSERT NAME)
• Give a little….get more! Giving Tuesday is December 2nd, 2014 at Golden Belt Community Foundation and we would appreciate your support!
Kans for Kids donates $300,000 to help rebuild conference center at Camp Aldrich!!
Kans for Kids Fighting Cancer Foundation announced on Wednesday that all of the $215,000 in tax credits awarded to the organization by the Kansas Department of Commerce earlier this year have been purchased and will allow the organization to contribute $300,000 to Barton Community College toward the rebuilding of the Camp Aldrich conference center/dining hall that was lost in a fire early in 2014.
In August of 2013 Kans for Kids acquired sponsorship of Camp Hope, a one-week summer camp for children from across the state of Kansas and western Missouri who have cancer or are in remission. “Camp Aldrich has been ‘home’ to Camp Hope for over 30 years. The fire was devastating for them. However, BCC graciously provided their campus for camp 2014. We’re forever grateful for their generosity,” Reif noted.
Kans for Kids’ Camp Hope Committee provided BCC with a ‘wish list’ of things that would be beneficial to Camp Hope and other similar groups using Camp Aldrich. “We were hopeful that we’d be able to provide $215,000 toward the rebuilding but we are thrilled to be able to contribute $300,000 toward the rebuilding,” said Debbie Reif, Director of Kans for Kids. “With the additional $85,000, all of Camp Hope’s wish list will be fulfilled. We are so very grateful to all of those who contributed to this project!”
NEW!! Kans for Kids is on AMAZON SMILE!!
Go to the link below and check us out. A portion of your purchases can benefit Kans for Kids! http://smile.amazon.com/ch/48-1179797
Zoe Jerke Appointed 2014 Kans for Kids Ambassador
Eleven-year-old Zoe Jerke, Great Bend, was appointed as the 2014 Kans for Kids Ambassador during the 2014 Radiothon. Zoe was diagnosed with a neuro-endocrine tumor on her pancreas when she was 22 months old and received support from Kans for Kids. After beating cancer, Zoe has gone on to help other children in the Barton County area who have also been diagnosed with the disease. In the spirit of paying it forward and giving back, she has donated several of her birthdays to Kans for Kids by asking her friends to make a donation rather than giving her gifts. Most recently, she sold lemonade door-to-door, donating all of the funds raised to Kans for Kids.
As an ambassador, Zoe, along with Hunter Donecker, 2013 Ambassador, assist Kans for Kids with events. They also participate in presentations done by the organization, speaking about their experience with cancer. She also attends Camp Hope each summer. Acquired by Kans for Kids in 2013, the camp is held for one week each summer for children from across the state of Kansas and Western Missouri who are in treatment for cancer or in remission.
Zoe is the daughter of Chad and Kristy Jerke, Great Bend, and a 5th
grader at Holy Family School. She has three siblings, Katy, Max, and